Between April 15-30, groups and individuals around the world hold vegan bake sales. Participants choose their own venue, what to sell, and how to use the proceeds.
We invite you to participate! You can hold the bake sale any time during the official time period to be part of the global movement; but we also encourage people to hold events throughout the year.
WVBS was founded by Gary Loewenthal in 2009 and was named “Veg Event of the Year” by VegNews. Since then, it has raised more than $300,000 for a diversity of causes and has been widely featured on mainstream media, including CNN.
Contact Us – ProVeg
The WVBS has now been adopted as an official campaign of ProVeg, an international (pro vegan) food awareness organization based in Berlin. Here’s our contact info or just email email@example.com. Also, check out our Facebook and twitter pages.
- It’s a fun way to introduce people to the joy and tastiness of vegan foods.
- Raise money and awareness for your favorite cause(s).
- Be part of an event that will publicize the many benefits of an animal-free diet.
How to Participate
- Plan to hold a vegan bake sale sometime between April 15-30.
- Let us (and the world) know by using our handy sign-up form (preferred) or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please promote on social media.
- Hold the bake sale.
- Follow up if you can. Please let us know how you did and/or how much you raised so we can include it in our count. Send photos, or a link to a blog post, whatever you’d like to help us celebrate and inspire others.
Only Two Rules
- Goods sold must be vegan. For baking, most importantly this means no dairy or eggs.
- Don’t have/do anything that contributes to or promotes the use/harm of animals.
You don’t have to be a vegan or animal group to participate. We encourage school clubs, scouting troops, religious organizations, even just a group of friends who want to hold a charity bake sale.
If you want to participate but cannot do so during the official time period, that’s okay too. Just pick a date that works for you. We want everybody to be able to take part in this fun event!
Here are some ideas about how your bakery, restaurant, or store can participate:
- Donate a percentage of sales.
- Donate items to a participating vegan bake sale.
- Let a group hold a bake sale at your business.
- Help promote local events and/or the larger campaign in your establishment and/or online.